Celebrating the TCS London Marathon 2022
For this fundraiser of the month, we would like to celebrate everyone who took part in the TCS London Marathon. You have all been amazingly dedicated to fundraising and training which has earned you all the title of fundraisers of the month!
On Sunday 02 October, 102 runners took to the streets of London to take part in the biggest running event of the year. So far, our amazing fundraisers have raised an incredible £240,045!
We have had some great fundraising moments this year, here are just a few from the #TeamPurple group we would like to share with you.
- John Mills raised over £3,000 from hosting a quiz with his workmates, which took him over the 10K mark for his marathon fundraising.
- Through the power of social media and close connections, Will Clarkson has managed to raise an amazing £12,000 for MS-UK.
- Sue Bennet who has run multiple marathons for MS-UK held a variety of events to reach her fundraising target, one being a charity 5K called “Not all who wander are lost“. The event raised an amazing £170 and she received two match funders.
- Suzy Cohen who was running her 10th London Marathon for MS-UK smashed through £2,000 by using a variety of unique ways to raise money including selling old recipe books to her network which raised £120.
- Ellie Clarke organised a 100-mile bike ride with her university hockey team to try and boost her fundraising target which was a huge success.
- Mel Hart organised a fun day over the Jubilee weekend and invited 80 people to come along and take part in fun activities to raise money for MS-UK. This event took Mel over the fundraising target and created awareness for the charity.
- Beth Thornton successfully held an online raffle, obtaining some great prizes and raising an amazing £668.
These are just a few great stories about how our fabulous fundraisers reached their targets this year. We would like to say a huge congratulations to the entire MS-UK team who put so much effort into their fundraising! We have said it before but we will say it again – You’re all stars to us!