MS-UK acceptable use policy
MS-UK acceptable use policy
Thank you for using the MS-UK website. The actions individual members take can have a big
impact on our system as a whole. That’s why all MS-UK website users must follow this acceptable
use policy in their use of the MS-UK website.
This document (together with the documents referred within) explains what the MS-UK acceptable
www.ms-uk.org/policies, before you start to use this site. By using our site, you indicate that you
agree to abide by this policy.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any persons in any way, including minors
and vulnerable adults
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or
promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan
horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful
programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any
computer software or hardware
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• Any part of our site;
• Any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• Any software used in the provision of our site; or
• Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site
(contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards
apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts)
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
• Be appropriate for MS-UK audiences and have relevance
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
• Promote sexually explicit material
• Promote violence
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
• Be likely to deceive any person
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a
duty of confidence
• Promote any illegal activity
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any
• Give the impression that they emanate from us or any third party, if this is not the case
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright
infringement or computer misuse
MS-UK also reserves the right to remove any contributions that fall into the above categories from
all associated social media sites that we manage, such as the MS-UK Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/MultipleSclerosisUK/, the MS-UK Twitter page at
https://twitter.com/MSUK6, the MS-UK LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/msuk, the MS-UK YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/Ms-ukOrg and the MS-UK blog
hosted on our website.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the acceptable use policy
through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action
as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of MS-UK’s terms of
use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to
• Issue of a warning to you
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis
(including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the
• Further legal action against you
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is
The responses described in this policy are not limited and we may take any other action we
reasonably deem appropriate.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Document updated December 2019.