MS Awareness Week 2022
For MS Awareness Week 2022, MS-UK is going to be sharing stories about how pets make a difference to your life. In the Loneliness and Isolation Report, survey participants shared that their pets played an important role in improving their wellbeing, especially after their MS diagnosis. If you have a pet, we invite you to share yours and your pet’s story, particularly the ways that having them in your life benefits you in relation to your MS. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.
Did you know that…
- 92% of people said that their pets provide company
- 86% of people said their pets improve their mental health
- 62% of people said their pets help them be more active
- 62% of people said their pets give them structure to their day
- 55% of people said their pets help improve their physical health
Imogen was diagnosed with MS in 2021, and you can read how her dog, Chilli helped her come to terms with her diagnosis.